When most people think of a daily planner, it is in relation to their work and all the tasks that they have to accomplish on any given day. True, a good daily planner is an invaluable tool for anyone who is trying to become more productive and better organized. But what you may not realize is that investing in a journal can have significant improvements on your overall health. Consider the following benefits:
- One of the reasons why so many people look into daily planners in the first place is that they do not seem to be on top of things – ordinary tasks slip through the cracks and important deadlines are missed. This leads to a lot of stress – everyone who depends on you to get things done will be let down and this can lead to anxiety. Having a good planner as a constant companion has been shown to significantly lower stress levels.
- Keeping track f your activities every day can help you figure out what you are doing that is healthy for you and what you are doing that is not. If, for example, you notice that according to your planner you have to eat lunch at your desk almost every day of the week it gives you an opportunity to plan better so that you can have a proper lunch several times a week.
- One of the reasons why you may feel so stressed is that you have lots of things that you have to remember. Your memory is finite – there are only so many things you can keep in it. Once you write everything down in your planner you free up your mind to think about more important things – you will become more adept at problem solving and have more time for new ideas.
- Do you hate being caught off-guard? This happens a lot to people who have not taken the time to buy a daily planner. When you have a list that tells you what you need to do you can prepare adequately for each activity.
- A good planner is not just for work – it can also help you become a healthy eater. You can write down everything that you eat and then go back over it to see what is healthy and what is not. It will also help you analyze your habits – what makes you reach for unhealthy choices?
- Good time managers don’t just use their planners to schedule work – they schedule play and relaxation as well. At least once a day you should have some time set aside just to relax, and nothing should interfere with it.
Where can you find the best daily planner?
There are numerous planners available and choosing one may not be easy. The best way to find one that will work is to look at testimonials – some planners work better than others, so if you find one that many people are happy with it is likely to work for you.